Pizza Specialty of NY Pizza Garden
- ¾ pound chorizo
- ¾ cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup thick and chunky medium salsa
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- 10 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- In a saute pan over medium-heat, crumble the chorizo and cook through while breaking up the larger pieces (about 4 minutes).
- Drain the grease from the pan.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate (can be prepped ahead up to this point and held).
- Combine the crushed tomatoes and the salsa and blend thoroughly.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the crust.
- Spoon the sauce over the cheese in several globs.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the cooked chorizo over the cheese, pushing it into the cheese with your fingers.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro. Bake.